There are a number of home remedies and natural cures that can help you overcome Erectile Dysfunction (ED), some of which have been in use for over 500 years, which can be divided into 3 groups:
- Foods: watermelon, garlic, onion, linseed oil, olive oil (with tomato), carrot, ginger, raisins, dates, saffron and citrus.
- Herbal remedies: L-arginine, ginseng, rhodiola, boron, L-carnitine, DHEA, ginkgo, yohimbine, epimedium and vitamins C and E.
- Healthy habits: lowering cholesterol, reducing alcohol and tobacco consumption, Kegel exercises, sports (except cycling), acupuncture and meditation.
Continue reading below to find the explanation of each of these natural, home remedies for a good, long-lasting erection.
Foods for erectile dysfunction
Erectile dysfunction and erection problems occur because of a lack of sufficient blood supply to the penis. The foods on this list have one thing in common: they help to improve blood circulation and thus improve erections and sexual appetite. Take note to make your next shopping list!
- Mediterranean Diet: The Mediterranean diet is excellent for solving cardiovascular problems. It consists mainly of vegetables, olive oil, peppers, pulses, pasta and bread among other foods.
- Watermelon: According to scientists at the University of Texas, watermelon can have an effect similar to that of Viagra, due to its content in Citrulline, a substance capable of transforming into Arginine, an amino acid that improves the production of nitric oxide and in turn relaxes blood vessels.
- Garlic: Helps to improve blood flow, thanks to a component called Allicin.
- Onion: Although its properties are not generally known, onion is an effective aphrodisiac and one of the best libido enhancers.
- Flaxseed oil: Flaxseed is rich in Omega 3, capable of improving the production of prostaglandin, a hormone that induces erection by relaxing the trabecular muscle and dilating the cavernous arteries.
- Olive oil (with tomatoes): Olive oil helps us to have adequate blood pressure levels. If used regularly it improves the tone of the blood vessels and thus the erections. Also, studies from the University of Almeria affirm that olive oil with tomatoes can prevent the improvement of erection when combined with the lycopene they contain.
- Carrot: Carrot also helps to improve erections due to the vasodilator effect of its high lycopene content.
- Ginger: Ginger is a valuable aphrodisiac with anti-inflammatory and cardiovascular health-promoting qualities.
- Raisins: Raisins also contain Arginine, which as we know is used in the treatment of erection problems.
- Dry Dates: Dried dates are a food with the ability to restore sex drive and increase endurance.
- Saffron: Used because its highly erotic fragrance can arouse sexual desire and have a relaxing effect.
- Citrotherapy: It consists of the use of citrus fruits such as lemon and orange to detoxify the body, with the aim of better absorbing nutrients from the food and supplements you are going to ingest.
Herbal remedies for erectile dysfunction
As with food, the consumption of supplements has one objective: to improve blood flow to the penis and increase sexual appetite. Take note of these natural medicines for impotence that will help you get a good erection.
- L-Arginine: The use of this amino acid is recommended to improve blood flow to the penis. Taking 5 grams daily usually improves sexual function in men with erectile dysfunction.
- Red Ginseng: It restores mental and physical strength to improve fatigue or weakness in men. It helps to ensure proper blood circulation and prevents anemia by helping to improve the function of the lungs and spleen. It also levels your blood pressure by bringing it back to normal.
- Rhodiola: This plant is used to increase productivity and improve physical endurance. Consumed during 3 months it improves considerably erectile dysfunction problems.
- Boron: This mineral regulates the metabolism of sex hormones and safely increases testosterone levels in men.
- L-Carnitine: Some studies show that L-carnitine, combined with Viagra, may improve erectile function better than when Viagra is taken alone.
- Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA): There is some evidence to suggest that DHEA has a positive effect in men with erectile dysfunction.
- Ginkgo: Ginkgo increases blood flow to the penis, which can improve sexual desire and erectile dysfunction.
- Yohimbina: It is the main component of the bark of an African tree with the same name. It is a natural remedy with more possible adverse effects as some studies have linked it to increased anxiety and blood pressure.
- Vitamins C and E: You can take Vitamin C 3 times a day for the reduction of cholesterol in the blood and therefore for the improvement of erections. Vitamin E is also an antioxidant that helps to improve erection problems.
- Epimedium or "Hornt Goat Weed": Supposedly, there are substances in the leaves of this herb that improve sexual performance, but it has not been tested in humans.
Healthy habits that improve erectile dysfunction
In addition to consuming food and herbal remedies, achieving a healthy and balanced lifestyle is essential to overcome impotence permanently.
- Lower cholesterol: High cholesterol and cardiovascular disease are behind 8 out of 10 cases of impotence. To find out what foods can help you lower your cholesterol, just return to the list of foods I have offered you at the top of this page.
- Reduce or eliminate alcohol and tobacco consumption: It is well known that alcohol and cigarette consumption worsen cardiovascular health and blood flow. Eliminating it completely or reducing its use considerably will mean better blood circulation and more blood flowing harder to the penis.
- Do sports, but not cycling: Regular exercise can improve your cardiovascular health and thus your erection health. However, bicycle seats have the ability to damage the arteries in the perineum area, thus causing problems with glans numbness and erectile dysfunction.
- Kegel Exercises: These exercises can help prevent erectile dysfunction, retain ejaculation longer, have more intense orgasms and much stronger erections.
- Acupuncture: This traditional millenary Chinese technique consists of focusing the nerves in our body in order to release or collect the energy produced in our body. This technique is performed by placing needles at certain points of the body to relieve pain, stress and other physical ailments. It can help to have strong and long-lasting erections.
- Meditation: The use of meditation is recommended for the purpose of unblocking certain mental aspects and thoughts that may prevent you from having quick erections on a regular basis.